A Man of Letters
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
 
FAMILY:

So my Brother surprised everyone by proposing to his girlfriend at dinner last night.

Well, he surprised everyone except my Mom. Of course, she knew all about it.

Anyways, the diamond he gave her turns out to be my Great Great Grandma's ring that my Great Great Grandpa won in a cardgame. At least that's the story.

"Hey Mom, what the hell?", I asked later "What am I supposed to propose with?"

"Well...I figured it might be awhile before you proposed, so..."

"Ah. Good point"

"I've got another diamond from a different Great Grandma. It's uhhh...not as
nice, though."

"Perfect. So what am I supposed to say? 'My love, will you marry me? I offer
you a ring that's as flawed as you are.' "

"Yeah, I figured that's about how it would go."

"Sweet. Thanks Mom."

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger