A Man of Letters
Monday, January 05, 2004
 
TIMELINE - 12/31/03 To 01/01/04:

10:30 PM - 35th and Clinton:
- "Let's go man."
- "Wha?"
- "Let's go to that party."
- "Aren't we at a party?"
- "Trust me."
- "OK, but if this sucks yer catchin' a beating."

11:00 PM - Interstate 5 Northbound:
- "Fer Chrissake, man! Where is this place? Egypt?"
- "Relllllaaaaaaax."

11:15 PM - Fiske Street, just off Lombard:
- "Ummmm, why is everyone at this party wearing a wig?"
- "I dunno man, it's like, their 'thing', or something."

11:30 PM - Living room of house on Fiske:
- "Do you think you got what it takes?"
- "Huh?"
- "Get down here and arm wrestle me!"
- "What?"
- "Just be careful, I'm 3 months pregnant."
- "Umm...OK."

12:00 AM - Kitchen of house on Fiske:
- "Happy New Year!" (cue Champagne)

12:25 AM - Basement of house on Fiske:
- "So how's your New Year treating you?"
- "Um...OK."
- "Didja get a chance to make out with anyone, yet?"
- "Who are you again?"

1:30 AM - Porch of house on Fiske:
- "I gotta get some air, I'm going for a walk."

1:45 AM - North Portland, coordinates unknown:
- "Fuck, It's cold out here. Hey, sweet, A bar."

2:00 AM - Random, depressing, almost-empty bar:
- "How ya doin' tonight?"
- "Pretty well, and yourself?"
- "It's slow in here tonight. Just the regulars. You look like you need a shot."
- "You are a wise man."

2:15 AM - Random, depressing, almost-empty bar:
- "Who are you?"
- "Me? Nobody. Just a guy."
- "Are you famous?"
- "What? No man, I just came in from a party down the street."
- "Can I have your autograph?"
- "Uhhhhh...sure. Who do you want me to make it out to?"
- "Don. I come in here all the time, but I never seen anyone famous."
- "OK, Don. I'm not famous, but here you go."
- "Thanks dude."
- "Can I get my tab?"

3:00 AM - Basement of house on Fiske:
- "Woah, there's a band down here?"
- "Yeah man, where you been?"
- "Um...around. Do they know any Hall and Oates?"
- "I dunno..Hey do you guys know any Hall and Oates!"
- "We know some Commodores."
- "Fuck yeah!"

4:00 AM - Porch of house on Fiske:
- "I don't care what you say, a Navy SEAL could never beat a cougar in a fight."
- "No way man, SEALS are like trained and shit. He'd be all 'Hi Yah!' and that cougar would be totally fucked up."
- "That's a good point."
- "Wait...what are we talking about?"
- "Yeah, I think it's time to go home."

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger