A Man of Letters
Friday, February 07, 2003
 
CITIZENSHIP:

SIGN ME UP FOR THAT FREAKY WATCHLIST

So, I decided to send an email to the President. I hope I get some sort of answer, 'cause this question's been bugging me for a while.

Dear Mr. President

I like your office alot. In all the pictures I've seen I'm always impressed with it, especially the desk. I saw one picture where the desk had a little pullout table on the other side of it, and drawers and stuff so that your aides could get down to work right there. That's just a great idea.

Anyways, I was wondering something. I heard a story once about the big eagle in the Seal of the President that is in the middle of your office carpet. You know the one with the olive branch in one claw and the arrows in the other? Well, I heard that during peacetime the eagle faces the olive branch, but during wartime the eagle faces the claw with the arrows.

Is this true?

If it is true, how does it work? Is there a big circle of carpet somewhere in the basement you can just switch when ever you need to, or do you have a guy come in and paint it like an endzone?

Also, which way is the eagle facing now, and if it's facing the arrows, when did you decide to have it changed?

Just wondering, and thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Aaron M. Abrams

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger